Water Town and Chinese Garden Tour
Suzhou, Tongli Water town
Codigo del tour: WE-E-006
Destino: Shanghai, Suzhou
Tiempo apropiado para la visita: from May to Oct
Fecha de salida: on request 2016
Suzhou is famous for its nice gardens, “ the hometown of garden and silk “. Tong Li is a town in Wujiang county, on the outskirts of Suzhou. It is known for a system of canals reminiscent of Venice, Italy. In 2004, Tong Li together with Luzhi and Zhouzhuang were listed in the tentative list for UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Detailed Itinerary: ( L )
Pick-up from your hotel and Drive to Suzhou, visit Wangshi garden and Pan Gate. On the way you will also visit the Tongli Water town and Silk factory for traditional silk culture. then back to Shanghai:
Tongli Water town - Being an ancient township, Tong Li borders on Tongli Lake on the east, Nanxin Lake on the south, adjoins Pangshan Lake on the west, Jiuli Lake on the north and Wusong Jiang River on the northwest. The town proper is divided by the streams into 7 islets interlaced with the surrounding water area, forming typical water county of the south. You can appreciate the beautiful water town by seeing the numerous rivers, bridges and small lanes there. Meanwhile, you can discover the local lifestyle, and culture in Tongli.
Master-of-Nets Garden (Wangshi Garden)：is located in the southeast corner of the old town Suzhou, known as " a very small elaborate garden", the standard design style with less size but show more model. Master of nets means "Fisherman fishes a master by net in the Park". The park's landscape and attractions arranged title Recluse contains rich flavor. The area covers only 8 acres, but it seems significantly open in stead of feeling cramped, with prominent theme, compact layout, small and delicately pretty and elegant, successfully application of relationship and comparison with that approach, getting a better art effect. It is a representative works of the medium-sized classical Suzhou gardens.
Pan Gate is located in southwest corner of Suzhou City, Jiangsu Province. It was classified as a conservation unit in Suzhou in 1963 & was classified as a conservation unit in Jiangsu Province in 1982.As the gate of Yuan Dynasty ancient buildings, Pan Gate was included in this sixth installment of the State Council approved the national list of key units to be protected on May 25, 2006.It is China's only land and water existing in parallel, yet is one of the hallmarks of the ancient city of Suzhou. As to the saying " To see the Great Wall-hung in north of China; To see the Pan Gate in south of China "
No.1 Silk Factory: With a history of more than 80 years, Suzhou No.1 Silk Factory enjoys a good reputation in silk industry for its complete technical process of silk swarm rasing, cocoon sorting, cocoon boiling and cocoon reeling, rewinding and packing. The high-grade silk produced in this factory is the best raw material for the product of high-quality silk fabrics.. * End of Service *
Costo de Tour: conversión actual
| ||1 person||2-5 person||6-9 person||10 person|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
- As it is a private tour, you could let us know the departure time. When you book this trip, please write down your detailed information in Shanghai (better with hotel or apartment name, phone number and English address).
- The visiting order may different according to the traffic and the hotel you stay in.
- The guide will call you to confirm the departure time one day before (usually before ).
- The pick up hotel in downtown.
- If you need pick up at the airport to start the trip, the extra cost for one person is RMB100.
The tour cost includes:
- Transfer service with private air conditioner car/van/coach for the city visit.
- Meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner),
- Service of English-speaking guide & experienced driver,
- Main entrance spots admission;
- Twin share room in 4-star hotel in city if there is mentioned in the itinerary;
- All domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- Accommodation in Shanghai if taking Shanghai City tour;
- Meals in your free time and on the train/plane,
- International flights and related airport taxes,
- Tip to tour guide and driver
- Personal travel insurance (very important);
- Transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time,
- Extra luggage truck,
- Any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.),
- Photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required,
- Supplementary trips and services not mentioned,
- Supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis,
- Any expenses on personal nature not listed above,
- The extra cost due to the unforeseen events;