Ancient Architecture: from Imperial Palace to Wang's Residence
Beijing, Datong, Pingyao, Taiyuan, Beijing
Codigo del tour: ST-N-004
Destino: Taiyuan, Pingyao, Datong, Lingshi, Qixian(Qiao's Compound )
Tiempo apropiado para la visita: all year
Fecha de salida: on request 2016
In nine days you can have a good understanding of Chinese Ancient Architecture. In this trip, you will see the Palace Building of Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven in Beijing and private Wang Residence, the former living quarters of a prosperous local family in Pinyao and Buddhism. Worth of mention is the old religion architecture like Hanging Temple, Wood Temple of Yingxian and famous Yungang Grottoes along the way.
DAT-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Beijing (pick up service)
Upon Arriving Beijing, met and transferred to your hotel with your private car and tour guide. Stay in 4-star hotel.
Day 2 Beijing (BL)
City tour to Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace. Everning Peking Opera Performance.
Day 3 Beijing (BL,Dinner with Peking Roast Duck)
Full day trip to the Great Wall and Ming Tomb (Dingling & Sacred road). Have a famous Peking Roast Duck for dinner.
Day 4 Beijing/Datong via overnight train (BL, by train)
Half Day Rickshaw tour to experience the different aspects of the past and the present of Beijing city, the society and the daily life of Beijing residents, tour route, Drum Tower, Ying Ding Bridge, and the resident homes. Afternoon visit to Xiushui Market for silk, vase all other kinds of local arts and crafts. In the evening, be transferred to the railway station for your overnight train to Datong.
Day 5 Datong (BL)
Arrive at Datong in the early morning, met and transferred to your hotel. After breakfast, one day visit of the Yungang Grotto, Nine-dragon Wall, Huayan Temple. Stay in a 4 star hotel in Datong
Day 6 Datong/Taiyuan(BL)
After breakfast, drive to Taiyuan. Visit the Hanging Temple, Wood Pagoda of Yingxian. Visit the Double Tower Temple in Taiyuan. Stay in Shanxi Hotel(4 star)
Day 7 Taiyuan/Pingyao(BL)
Half day visit of the Jin Ancestral Temple with its ancient gardens and historical relics, Then drive to Pingyao, a small town located 100km south of Taiyuan and. Pingyao was first built during the Zhou Dynasty (770BC) and later underwent large expansions during the Ming Dynasty. Today you can still find a Ming-style city wall around the town. After lunch we will head 7 km (4.5 mi) south of town to the 1300-year-old Shuanglin Temple, which houses over 2,000 Buddhist terracotta sculptures. We will travel a few more kilometers to Zhenguo Temple, the only extant Buddhist complex dating back to the Five Dynasties Period. Stay in Tianyuankui hotel or the similar.
Day 8 Pingyao/Jingsheng/Taiyuan/Beijing(BL, by train)
After breakfast, we will drive to Jingsheng Village in Lingshi County. A world apart from old commercial centers as Qixian and Pingyao, Jingsheng, though once an affluent merchant town, holds a quaint and unique charm. Jingsheng is famous for its well-preserved Qing dynasty architecture and the heritage of wealthy bankers that inhabited the area. The main attraction of the village is the Wang Residence, we will instead visit the Wang Residence, which is just as impressive but without the tourists. We will return to Pingyao in the afternoon for theAncient City Wall, Ming and Qing Dynasty Street. In the evening, transferred to the TAIYUAN railway station for the overnight train to Beijing.
Day 9 Beijing
Arrive in Beijing in the early morning, meet and greet at the railway station, transfer to where you stay, the end of the tour.
B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner
Costo de Tour: conversión actual
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).