The Best of Silk Road
Beijing, Dunhuang, Turpan, Urumqi, Kashigar,Beijing
Tour Code: ST-W-008
Destination: Lanzhou, Jiayuguan, Dunhuang, Urumqi, Kashgar, Turpan
Good time to visit: all year
Departure date: on request 2016
Marco Polo followed this long path, as did 20th century explorers in search of "lost treasures" of early Buddhism. Today, the Silk Road offers travelers a fascinating mix of dramatic landscape along with a rich cultural heritage that includes the world's greatest repository of Buddhist cave art. On this trip, we will follow the part of the Silk Road route taken by Marco Polo to share the wonders he experienced during this journey. We begin our trip in Dunhuang,where we stop for a full two days so that we not only have enough time to fully explore the Buddhist caves which are generally held to be one of China's greatest cultural attractions, but we can also spend some time exploring the surrounding desert by camel.
Further west, through the enchanting oasis of Turpan, the ancient ruins of lost Silk Road cities, to Urumqi - a fascinating melting pot of Uygur and Han cultures, and then fly over the Taklamakan desert to Kashgar where the largest bazaar in Central Asia is held every Sunday.
DAY-BY-DAY DETIALED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Beijing/Lanzhou
Arrive at Lanzhou, visit Bingling Temple. Stay in 4-star hotel.
Day 2 Lanzhou/Dunhuang(BL)
Breakfast at hotel. Visit Lanzhou Museum. Transfer to the airport for the flight Lanzhou/Dunhuang, meet and greet at the airport, transfer to 4-star hotel Dunhuang.
Day 3 Dunhuang (BL)
You will visit the world famous Mogao Grottoes which is called“the World Famous Treasure House of Arts” , another must for you is riding camel to visit Whistling Sand Mountain and Crescent Moon Spring if the time is available. Take the train to Turpan. Overnight on the train;
Day 4 Turpan (BL)
The Turpan guide picks you up at the Rail way station. Transfer to Turpan. Today's itinerary includes Gaochang ancient city, Astana Ancient Tomb, Bezeklik Buda (another set of Buddhist cave temples carved out of a cliff face), and watch the Flaming Mountains afar, Tuyugou Valley. Enjoy Uygur folk dance performance in the evening. Stay in 3 star Silk Road Turpan Oasis Hotel or similar.
Day 5 Turpan/Urumqi/Kashigar(by air)
In the morning, we will drive to the west part of Turpan for the Keriz Well, visit Suliman’s Minaret. We will drive all the way to Urumqi. It’s about 300km highway. take night flight to Kashgar, stay in 3-star Seman Hotel or similar.
Day 6 Kashgar
Visit the Sunday Baxaar, which is the biggest one in Xinjiang, and Apakhoja Tomb & Great Mosque, , stay in the same;
Day 7 Kashigar/Karakuri Lake/Kahigar/Urumqi
Today we would drive to Lake Karakuri. The drive to Lake Karakuri takes 3-4 hours through a breathtaking scenery of high mountain pastures and snow-capped peaks. At the base of Muztagh Ata (7,545 m/24,754 ft), sits Lake Karakuri (3,770 m/12,369 ft), a majestic blue glacial lake that is fed by the mammoth, century-old glaciers above it. Drive back to Kashigar. For the flight to Urmqi. Stay in 4-star hotel.
Day 8 Urumqi/home;
Drive to visit Heaven’s Lake. Fly back to you home.
B -breakfast, L - lunch, D -dinner.
Note: The airfare of Urumqi/Kashgar/Urumqi is based on 50% discount. We will refund you the different if we get better discount. Meanwhile we reserve the right the get the extra from tourists if there is no discount.
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).