Off the Beaten Path China Classic Tour:
Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Shanghai
Codigo del tour: ST-N/S/E-008
Destino: Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin, Yangshuo, Shanghai
Tiempo apropiado para la visita: all year
Fecha de salida: on request 2016
The tour includes four famous cities. It could give you a favorable impression of China, not only in Nature and traditional culture, but also in modernization and economic development. We will try to give you enough time to visit the Capital-Beijing, explore the ancient city-Xian. Then fly to Guilin, which is primarily known for its enticing and unique scenery. Chinese frequently refer to it as the world's most beautiful scenery. The last station is Shanghai. It will leaves you free time to experience the largest gateway city in China. All of these will make you a wonderful experience of real China.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1/ Arrive Beijing ( D )
Your guide will meet the group at the airport and, after picking up the luggage, will transfer the group by private vehicle to a 4-star hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel, enjoy leisure time until dinner, to recover. We will get together again for a welcoming dinner at the Noodle Loft, which has been featured on Anthony Bordain’s "No Reservations" TV Show. Patrons are mostly local and the food is fantastic. Downstairs we can watch them make the noodles by hand, starting from a small piece of dough and ending up with long strips.
After dinner, transfer to the hotel and have a good sleep to recover from any remaining jet-lag.
Overnight at 4 star hotel
Day 2/ Beijing highlights (BL, 5km, 1.5-2)
Today, we will get up early to see the local people doing their morning exercises in Temple of Heaven, where emperors worshipped and prayed for Harvest during the Ming & Qing Dynasties. Every morning, locals take time to start their day doing Tai-chi, group aerobics, or even group chorus. After that,drive to Tian’anmen Square, walk cross the Square, then visit the Forbidden City, the symbol of China, also called Gu Gong. This was the Imperial Palace during the Ming and Qing dynasties. After lunch, drive to Simatai Great Wall, do the hike on Simatai section where we will appreciate the beaury of the Great Wall sunset!! Overnight at a beautiful hotel at the bottom of Simatai Great Wall.
Day 3/ Great Wall Hiking + Simatai Water Town(BL; 6 km, 2.5-3 hrs)
This morning, we will have a leisure time in Gubei Water town.The town is a resort located in north Beijing, spread out across an area that includes the Simatai Great Wall and Gubei Water Town. With great lodging and meeting facilities, it is perfect for company conference and teambuilding activities. We could arrange hiking the Great Wall, treasure hunting around the water town, experience traditional Chinese culture-learn tie-dye，kite-painting, etc. After that, we will do hike on the spectacular Jinshanling Great Wall. Back to Beijing transfer back to downtown Beijing to have dinner.
Overnight at 4 star hotel
Day 4/ Beijing-Xi’an (B.L.D)
We will start the day with a richshow tour to Hutong. Hutong has a long history in Beijing. As the Forbidden City is the symbol of China's royal family, the Hutongs in Beijing show the real life of the common people. When you visit Hutong by rickshaw, you could really taste the life of common people in Beijing. Lotus Market, located in Houhai area, famous for old hutong and modern bars. You will also have chance to have a view of the Beijing drum show today to get close to the Chinese traditional art.Then transfer to the Summer Palace, one of the best preserved summer resorts of the Royal Family.In early afternoon, we will transfer to the airport and heading to Xi’an. Upon arrival, we will be transferred to the Gao family courtyard to see the Chinese traditional shadow show. In the afternoon, we will have the chance to do the biking round the City Wall. In the evening, have the Chinese Dumpling Dinner with Tang Dynasty dancing show.
Overnight in a 4-star Hotel
Day5/Xi’an-Guilin(BL, by air)
In the morning, we will visit the magnificent Qin Terra-cotta Warriors.It was built in about 2500 years ago and contains more than 6000 warriors, soldiers and horses. UNESCO listed it in 1987 as one of the world cultural heritages. In the afternoon, drive back to the airport to the Guilin. Upon arrival,.Transfer to the hotel.
Overnight in a 4-star Hotel
Day 6 Guilin/Yangshuo (BL)
Li River Cruise with lunch aboard. Depart from the hotel in the morning. Be transferred to the landing place for a 4-5 hours wonderful cruise.. you will bike onto the country roads, lanes and tracks through the paddy field and orchards that surround the famous mountains. Then relax yourself on the narrow bamboo rafts. The 1-1.5 hours’ rafting on Yulong river will give a fascinating insight into life in rural China. This evening we will take a private boat to see Cormorant fishing on Li River - a traditional mode of fishing in China involves the use of cormorants to catch fish. Fishermen on bamboo rafts use strong lights suspended over the water to attract the fish. The cormorants, which are tethered with rings round the base of their necks, catch the fish and then disgorge them for the fishermen. If you like, you can ask the fisherman to let Cormorants fly to your boat and put fish in your hand, and also you can take photos with these smart and lovely birds.
overnight in 4 star hotel
Day 7 Yangshuo/Guilin/Shanghai (BL, by air)
Breakfast at hotel, then drive back Guilin, visit Elephant Trunk Hill and the Reed Flute Cave. Followed by transfer to the airport for flight to Shanghai. Arrive at Shanghai, we check in hotel and enjoy the rest free time in the nice city.
Overnight at 4 star hotel
Day 8 Shanghai/ Wuzhen/ Shanghai (B, L)
Morning your guide and driver pick up you from Shanghai and begin to drive for Wuzhen, which is today’s visit. Then you will visit a wine making plant, & a local printing workshop. Have a Chinese lunch and continue to visit an exhibition of antique beds from the Ming & Qing Dynasties. After that, pay a visit to a local folk culture museum. Then you will make a cruise in Chinese gondolas. After that, transfer back to Shanghai.
Overnight at the 4-star hotel
Day 9 Shanghai (B)
Have breakfast at hotel. Today we will visit the most famous and popular spots in Shanghai. Firstly, we will visit the Bund and the TV Tower of Orient Pearl. And the Jade Buddha Temple, the Yuyuan Garden and Shanghai Museum . l we transfer everyone to the airport for their send-off, after spending 10 days in amazing China!
End of Tour.
Costo de Tour: conversión actual
| ||2-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).
The communication during planning and reservations process was good. All arrangments worked well. Guides were all good. Good itinerary and planning made it an unforgettable trip!