Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Temple
Tour Code: CS-N-008
Good time to visit: from Feb to Nov
Departure date: on request 2016
One of China's four most famous "Buddhist Grottoes", Yungang Buddhist Grottoes are 16 kilometers west of Datong. 53 caves are cut into the southern cliffs of Wuzhou Hill which contain over 50000 magnificently carved Buddist statues.
Hanging Temple is a wooden construction supported by a few wooden posts, leaning over the sheer cliffs above Golden Dragon Canyon. The Hanging Temple dates back to the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-534 AD). Its halls and pavilions are connected by verandas, bridges and boardwalks.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Line A both ways by train
Day 1 Beijing/Datong (by train)
Take the overnight train K605 (00:38-06:48), 1133 (23:03-05:17) or 2603(23:47-07:01) from Beijing to Datong, the famous coal mining town.
Day 2 Datong (B+L)
Your local tour guide will meet you at the railway station and take you out for breakfast. After breakfast we will leave for Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Temple. We will return to the downtown of Datong for the Nine-Dragon Wall, Shuanhua Temple, Drum Tower（from outside） and some old streets. Dinner is on your own, your guide and driver are ready to give you recommendation of a good restaurant for dinner and send you there. Take the overnight train K606 (22:48-05:10) or 2604 (20:46-04:27) back to Beijing.
Day 3 Beijing
Back to Beijing in the morning.
Line B go to Datong by air and back to Beijing by train
Day 1 Beijing / Datong by air （L）
Have breakfast on you own before you catch the flight.
Take morning flight from Beijing to Datong. CA1119 (7:25-8:25). We will leave for Yunguan Grottoes and Hanging Temple. We will return to the downtown of Datong for the Nine-Dragon Wall, Shuanhua Temple, Drum Tower（from outside） and some old streets. Dinner is on your own, your guide and driver are ready to give you recommendation of a good restaurant for dinner and send you there. Take the overnight train K606 (22:48-05:10) or 2604 (20:46-04:27) back to Beijing.
Day 2 Beijing
Back to Beijing in the morning.
“B” for Breakfast, “L” for lunch
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-5 person||6-9 person|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).