A Glimpse of the Holy City of Lhasa
Tour Code: CS-W-001
Good time to visit: from Mar to Nov
Departure date: on request 2016
This trip is designed for the travelers who don't have a long time for the exploring Tibet but are keen on the Tibetan culture and the amazing highland scenery. You will spend 4-day in Lhasa, the holy capital of Tibet, where we will explore its monasteries, temples and local Tibetan's daily life under the guidance of our experience Tibetan Guide.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Lhasa
At the arrival Lhasa, your guide and driver will meet and greet you at the Gongga airport. Drive to Lhasa. On the way visit Yamdrok Lake. Since we have just made a sudden ascent from lowland to an altitude of over 3,700 meters (12,139 ft), this afternoon is left free for you to acclimatize to the new environment. As we will be living in the old town, we recommend you venture around Bakhor market, where you will feel you are right at the heart of Tibet. Stay in 3-star hotel or the similar.
Day 2 Lhasa(BL)
We will visit the Potala Palace, landmark of Lhasa and spiritual symbol of Tibet - you will join many pilgrims on your way to the top of a hill where this 13-storey architectural wonder is perched upon. In the afternoon, we will visit Jokang Temple, and shopping around in Bakhor Bazaar. Stay in the same
Day 3 Lhasa(BL)
After breakfast, drive to visit Norbulinka (the summer palace of dalai lamas):"Norbu Linka" means beautiful gardens. This garden covers an area of 36 hectares and it is the annual vacation home for the 7th to the 14th Dalai Lama, who would move here from the Potala Palace to this summer palace and spend most of their summer here. After lunch, you will visit Sera Monastery. One of the three main Gelupka monasteries in Lhasa, Sera is an important spiritual center for Buddhist monks. If we are lucky enough, we could watch the Lamas in their traditional theological exercise of lively debating. Free time in Lhasa old town. Stay in the same.
Day 4 Lhasa(B)
Free Morning in Lhasa. Drive about 1.5-2 hour to airport for the flight out of Lhasa. The end of the tour.
B- breakfast, L –Lunch D- Dinner
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||1 person||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||10 person||Single Supplement|
|Without any airfare||CNY7190/P|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 20 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).
My intention was to contact you today but I have been too busy. We had a great time and wanted to compliment you on your planning for our tour.
Also want to give the highest praise to both Aaron in Beijing and Julia in Guilin. They were both excellent and we could not have asked for better care or nicer people.
In addition to there work obligation they were both very knowledgeable people and we enjoyed their company.
We will not hesitate to recommend you and your company and also those two guides to other people.
Yes, I will take the time to answer the survey but I will have to remember as I am too busy at the moment.
Karen and David Cascioli