Fantastic Hakka earthen buildings exploration tour
with pictureque Gulangyu Island
Tour Code: CF-S-002
Destination: Xiamen, Yongding, Nanjing
Good time to visit: all year
Departure date: on request 2016
New member of the World Heritage sites-Hakka Earthen building exploration.
Overnight in one of the Earthen buildings to deeply experience local Hakka’s life.
Fujian province is one of the most historic area in mainland China, which has plenty of cultural heritage leaving behind by our ancestor. The journey starts from Xiamen, beautiful seaport city with Gulangyu Island; then dirve into the villages in the mountains south and west of Fujian for the magical Chinese Architecture Tu Lou, the earthen buildings of Hakkas.
Gulangyu Island is world reknown for its tranquil and enchanting environment, the only residential island in China without any vehicles and full of plants and gardens. And the western style buildings that the celebrities used to live are mainly preserved well. Besides, the island is also famous for the piano, there can be indicated that plenty of world famous Chinese pianist and composers are borned and lived in this small island.
The unadorned Tu lou are either round or square, and huge (10-17 meters' high); and were designed as a fortress and apartment building in one. The structures typically had only one entranceway and no windows at ground level. Each floor served a different function - the first hosts a well and livestock, the second is for food storage and the third and higher floors contain living spaces.
Hakka people still live in the houses, you can see the everyday scence of the residents: elderly and children alike, full of life: chicken, ducks and dogs, and people cooking, washing clothes and working in the houses. The houses are nestled in beautiful villages and landscape (rivers, rich trees and blossom and very pleasant weather.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day1 Beijing/Xiamen (by air) (L)
Arrive Xiamen Airport, transfer to the hotel
Then Visit Gulangyu Island with round-trip shuttle ship :Shuzhuang Garden, Piano Museum, Hi Heaven Museum with Puppet show and Nanyin Opera if lucky.
Overnight in Xiamen Hotel or similar
Day2 Xiamen/Hakka earthen Building (B/L/D)
Full day expedition to see Hakka Earth Building (Tulou)
After Breakfast, transfer to Nanjing, the hometown of the Hakka earthen Buildings, Upon arrival Tianluokeng group ,which is fantastic combination of 4 round buildings and a square building,have Lunch in local restaurant then begin trekking in the Earthen Buildlings, take a deep breath in the wonderful countryside and explore the local’s life in those exceptional buildings which can be traced back for more than 3000 years. In the evening, transfer to Yongding,
Overnight in a local Hakka Earthen Building (Zhenchenglou or Fuyulou) or similar
Day 3 Hakka earthen buildings/Xiamen/Beijing (by air）(B/L)
Half day trekking in Yongding Tulou. visit Zhencheng Building (nicknamed "the prince" of round Tulou), Rusheng (smallest one); Fuyu (rich landlord courtyard style); Quiju (Putala palace style) and Chengqi (with most ring layers) . Jiqing buildings, the most completed and oldest tu lou in Yongding county .After lunch,transfer to Xiamen airport. End of the tour
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
- Return Airfares Bejing-Xiamen-Beijing are based on current discount. If we do get better discount while you book the tour, we are ready to refund you the difference. If we can not get this discount when you book the tour, you are supposed to pay the extra.If you departure from other city rather than Beijing, We are able to book the tickets for you based on the best discount price we can get on your departure day.
- We carefully arrange this itinerary with overnight in a earthen building to deeply explore local Hakka’s life. However, the facility of earthen building would be very basic. If you would love to stay in a similar to 4 star hotel, it should be fine, you are supposed to pay extra CNY100/person.
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).