Yungang Grottoes and Pingyao Tour
Yungang Grottoes,Hanging Temple, The Qiao Courtyard and Pingyao
Tour Code: CS-N-003
Destination: Pingyao, Datong
Good time to visit: all year
Departure date: on request 2016
Pingyao, a Unesco World Heritage Site, is an exceptionally well-preserved traditional Han Chinese city. Its city walls, old temples and courtyard houses were built in the Ming and Qing dynasties. Located on the old trade route between Beijing and Xi'an, Pingyao was one of the flourishing trade centres in northern China. It was here, where China's first banks were set up in the early 18th century which rapidly developed into a widespread network of banks all over the country. One of China's four most famous "Buddhist Grottoes", Yungang Buddhist Grottoes are 16 kilometers west of Datong. 53 caves are cut into the southern cliffs of Wuzhou Hill which contain over 50000 magnificently carved Buddist statues.
One of China's four most famous "Buddhist Grottoes", Yungang Buddhist Grottoes are 16 kilometers west of Datong. 53 caves are cut into the southern cliffs of Wuzhou Hill which contain over 50000 magnificently carved Buddist statues.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Beijing/Pingyao(by train)
Take the overnight train K603 (17:07-05:05) or K609 (23:53-09:36) from Beijing to Pingyao.
Day 2 Pingyao(B)
Our local tour guide will meet you at the railway station. The highlight of today's tour will be wandering around the old town of Pingyao, which was built according to the traditional Han Chinese town planning and architectural style. Four main streets, eight narrower ones and 72 small lanes formed a neat grid. The town's dwellings were built either in the style of courtyard houses or man-made cave-houses. Old temples and shops are still scattered all over the town which bring back memories of its flourishing past. Spend the remainder time on your own. Stay in court-yard Hotel.
Day 3 Pingyao/ Qiao Family Compound /Datong (B)
Drive from Pinyao to Datong. 6 hours on the way, you will visit the Qiao Family Compound and Hanging Temple. Qiao Family Compound Situated in the central part of Qiao Town, Qi Xian County in Shanxi Province. The family built the complex like a castle for safety considerations, as well as to create tranquil surroundings in which to relax, away from the furious competition of the business world. Visit the Hanging Temple which is near Datong city. At arrival of Datong, if time is available we will also visit the old quarter of the town on your own for the Nine-Dragon Wall and some old streets before dinner. Stay in 4-star Datong hotel or the similar.
Day 4 Datong/ Yungang Grottoes /Beijing (B, by train)
After Breakfast, visit to Yungang Grottoes. The Yungang Grottoes, with their 252 caves and 51,000 statues, represent the outstanding achievement of Buddhist cave art in China in the 5th and 6th centuries. Take the train K730（12：22-18：42）at noon from Datong back to Beijing, the end of the tour.
“B” for Breakfast
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-5 person||6-9 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).
My intention was to contact you today but I have been too busy. We had a great time and wanted to compliment you on your planning for our tour.
Also want to give the highest praise to both Aaron in Beijing and Julia in Guilin. They were both excellent and we could not have asked for better care or nicer people.
In addition to there work obligation they were both very knowledgeable people and we enjoyed their company.
We will not hesitate to recommend you and your company and also those two guides to other people.
Yes, I will take the time to answer the survey but I will have to remember as I am too busy at the moment.
Karen and David Cascioli