Leisure tour in Chengde (2 days)
Imperial Summer Resort, Putuozongsheng Temple
Tour Code: CS-N-002
Good time to visit: from Mar to Nov
Departure date: on request 2016
Chengde is approx. 250 km northeast of Beijing. Its moderate climate offered a pleasant change from the imperial capital's summer heat. In 1703, a vacation palace was built in this scenic mountain area. Qing Emperor Kangxi called it the Imperial Summer Resort, or Escaping-the-heat Mountain Villa. On this sightseeing tour you will visit: Putuozongsheng Temple, a replica of Potala Palace in Lhasa, was built by Emperor Qianlong in 1790. Qianlong extended the idea started by his grandfather, Emperor Kangxi, to show repect to minority envoys by building replicas of minority architecture. Xumifushou Temple, a replica of Tashilhunpo Monastery in Shigatse, was built in honour of the sixth Panchen Lama for his visit to the Qing emperor in 1781. The roof of its largest hall is decorated with eight conspicuous copper dragons.
DAY0BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Beijing/Chengde(by train,L)
Take the express k7711(06:30-10:48)from Beijing to Chengde. Transfer to the hotel. After lunch, visit Bishushanzhuang, or the Imperial Summer Resort. Stay in Puning Hotel or the Similar.
Day 2. Chengde - Beijing (by train,BL)
Visit Puning Temple and Putuozongsheng Temple. Take train K7712 (13:30-17:48), back in Beijing.
“B” for breakfast, “L” for Lunch
Low season: Nov-Mar.
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-5 person||6-9 person||Single Supplement|
|Low season(Dec.1-Mar.15)||Econ Hotel||CNY1840/P|
|4 Star Hotel||CNY1920/P|
|High season(Mar.16-Nov.30)||Econ. Hotel||CNY1920/P|
|4 Star Hotel||CNY2030/P|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).
My intention was to contact you today but I have been too busy. We had a great time and wanted to compliment you on your planning for our tour.
Also want to give the highest praise to both Aaron in Beijing and Julia in Guilin. They were both excellent and we could not have asked for better care or nicer people.
In addition to there work obligation they were both very knowledgeable people and we enjoyed their company.
We will not hesitate to recommend you and your company and also those two guides to other people.
Yes, I will take the time to answer the survey but I will have to remember as I am too busy at the moment.
Karen and David Cascioli