Horseback trekking all around Hanas/Kanas
Horseback trekking all around Hanas/Kanas
Tour Code: HR-W-001
Destination: Urumqi, Kanas Lake
Good time to visit: from May to Sep
Departure date: on request 2016
Located in the northern area of the Xinjiang province, Hanas Lake is often called by locals as the most beautiful place in Xinjiang. You will not only behold its rugged mountain ridges and dense forests, but most important of all, an alpine lagoon that changes color with the weather. Its transformation can be quite dramatic; within a day, it can change from azure to emerald to dark green, or even display a hundred different shades of blue as you stand in front of the lake. The sight of the lake surrounded by thick evergreen forests, boulders and mountains, and friendly Kazak nomads passing through the area will make you feel as though you have come to a different part of the world. In addition, a journey across the picturesque grasslands of Altai and a stop in 'Devil City' will offer you an exotic and otherworldly experience.
DAY-BY-DAY DETIALED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Urumqi/Kuitun (L+D)
Upon reaching Urumqi, the capital of Xinjang, you will be met at the airport and have a short briefing on the itinerary of this tour. You will find very little difference between Urumqi and other large inland cities in China. But the region's exotic feel persists, and the markets, such as the Kashgar Market and Erdaoqiao Folk Handicrafts Market, certainly exude the atmosphere of the Silk Road. To save the driving time for next day, we would drive directly toward Buerjin right after the pick-up service, stay in a good hotel(3 star) in one of the cities on our way. (private room with washroom)
Day 2 Kuitun /Jiadengyu (B+L+D)
Driving on to visit the Devil City, which is just 5 km(3 mi) by 5km, resembles a Herculean castle built in medieval Europe. Whenever the wind blows, the sky instantly turns pitch dark, with huge volumes of sand streaming in from nowhere, further drive Jiadengyu passing the small town of Buerjin, a town inhabited mostly by the Kazaks. Stay in the hotel at Jiadengyu with private washroom.
Day 3-Day5 Jiadengyu/Hemu /Black Lake/ Hanas Lake (B+L+D)
This morning we will begin our horse-riding tour. Your local guide will arrange the horse and horseman for the tour follows. Before starting the tour there is a brief horse-ride training. From then on, the area we will pass is the exceptionally beautiful scenery untouched by tourists. The primary forest, the crystal Hanas River and Hemu River zigzag its way to far, the old wood bridge left from the age. You could visit the local nomadic village. We will spend the nights at a charming lodge on the way or camping depending on whether and the speed we ride the horse. At arrival of Hanas Lake, stay in Huanhu Hotel or the similar European style lodge.
Day 6 Hanas Lake (B)
After breakfast, you could head to the north of the lake to the Fish Watching Pavilion on the peak of a mountain (2,030 m/6,660 ft). The pavilion will offer you an unobstructed view of the entire lake, tiers upon tiers of peaks, glaciers as well as the grand river valley where you trekked through the day before. After descending the mountain, you could go speed-boating along the 24 km (15 mi)-long lake. If you have enough energy left in the afternoon, you could either go fishing or participate in the Hanas Lake River Valley Drifting. Another good choice is taking the shuttle bus to visit other places include Crouching Dragon Bay ， the Moon Bay and Wild Duck Lake etc. The Crouching Dragon Bay , surrounded by a dense birch forest and set against a scenic backdrop of towering peaks, is a calm and serene sight. The lake is not alone here - a short distance away lies the mirror-flat Moon Bay , named after its perfect crescent shape. The Wild Duck Lake also deserves you to have a look, as wild duck, gooses and swans leisurely swim in the lake. Overnight at the same hotel.
Day 7 Hanas Lake to Buerjin (B+L+D)
This morning we will say “Good-bye” to the Hanas Lake, and drive first back to Jiadengyu, we will visit the Multi-colored Bay (Wucai Bay), and further drive to Buerjin.
Day 8 Buerjin/Urumqi (B+L+D)
Drive back to Urumqi, we will pass the Tuerban Tonggute Desert, Flaming mountain and Kanameili Nature resort on the way. Stay in 4 star hotel in Urumqi.
Day 9 Urumqi(B)
Transfer to the airport for the flight Home.
"B" for Breakfast, "L" for Lunch, "D" for Dinner
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Air-conditioned tourist van/bus(7-25-seats) for land transfer service when needed,
- 3 meals daily as listed in the itinerary(some picnic lunch while doing horse-riding, B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner);
- Accommodation: double-occupancy in 4 star hotel in big city, and the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean guest house/hostel/or home-stay in villages as clarified in the itinerary; camping during horseback riding as mentioned in the itinerary, camping gear like tent, sleeping mat;
- Cooking equipment and utensils as required. For the group more than 6 person, a cook will be sent to prepare the food for the group;
- One horse for each, vehicle to transfer the food and luggage or in the area with no road for vehicle some extra horses for carrying food and luggage as required;
- English-speaking guide, experience drivers when transfer involved and every 3-4 person one horsemen(or camel man when camel riding involved)
- All the Foreigner's Travel Permit to Tibet and/or the remote area/border area if needed;
- All domestic flights/trains/local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary;
The tour cost does not include:
- Helmet, thick sock, and boot for riding horse, meals in your free time or on the train/plane, personal travel insurance, sleeping bag when camping, tips to tour guide and driver, international flights and related airport taxes, excess baggage charged by Airlines; the medicine for the sickness or accident while on the way; transfer, guide, entrance tickets, and meals in your free time,single supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, supplementary trips and services not mentioned; visa costs; fishing equipment and other entertainment items; any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. We will alternate the price in USD according to the exchange rate when you pay.
- The train and flight schedule is taken according to present time table, they are subject to change according to the new schedule, we reserve the right to choose the flights.
- The detailed horseback riding notes will be provided after you confirm the trip.
- Reservation should be made at least one month before departure time.
- We reserve the right to alternate the visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary according to the weather condition and other unforeseen things.
- The part of the area we will visit has not been well developed like Beijing and Shanghai. While it is good to enjoy the well protected nature view and experience unique primitive fork customs, we should prepare for that even the star hotel is not so good and though we will try our best, the food may not be so delicate and various.
- This part of the grassland is the most beautiful one in China, but some of the places on the way are scattered with small stone or block where you are not supposed to run the horse, while there are wetland area where it is easy to get stuck in. It is very important to follow the local horseman's direction. To ensure the safety of the whole group, the horseman has the right to decide where to walk and where to run. All the participants are not allowed to leave the group without the accompany of the horseman.
- When you sign up for the riding tour, you acknowledge that there are risks involved in horse riding and confirm that you are fully aware of and accept these risks. You are strongly advised for your own safety to wear a hard hat (helmet) whilst in the vicinity of horses. You may or may not are required to sign a separate acknowledgement and acceptance of personal liability by the local supplier before being allowed to ride, and if you are not allowed to ride because you refuse to sign, you will have no claim against CnAdventure or the supplier and will not be entitled to any refund or compensation.
- Tourist insurance is a must for the horse-riding tour, it is your own liability to make sure your insurance do cover this kind of horse-riding trip. Please provide us the confirmation of insurance company at least one week before the departure. If you are not allowed to take the tour because you couldn’t provide the insurance covering the horse riding tour when the tour starts, there will be no refund or compensation for that.