Five-day trek to Tiger Leaping Gorge and Lijiang
Tour Code: HT-S-001
Hiking Distance: about 35km
Hiking Time: 5-6 hours a day for 2 days
Good time to visit: from Jan to Jun, from Sep to Dec
Departure date: on request 2016
Tiger Leaping Gorge,tucked between the Yulong Snow Mountain and the Haba Mountains, offers one of the most attractive trekking in Southwest China. A thunderous roar of the gushing river welcomes you as you approach the 16-kilometer gorge, which runs along the upper reaches of the Yangtze River. Starting from Lijiang, a delightful Naxi town located near the Tibetan border, we will enter the spectacular gorge via roads set among terraced hills. From here you will walk along enchanting - and at times hair raising - paths overlooking a fall of 800 meters (689 ft) and a series of more than twenty rapids.
For more lines related to Yunnan as a whole,please click here.If you could not find the one you prefer, please click Customize to tell us what you like. We will get back to you with a personalized tour as soon as possible.
Day 1 Kunming/Lijiang
Arrive at the airport of Kunming and change the flight to Lijiang. Arrive at lijiang. Meet and greet at the airport and transfer to the 4 star Hotel in the old town. Free night time to walk around the old town.
The Lijiang ancient town:The town was built in the late song dynasty and the early Yuan dynasty and was listed by the UNESCO on the list of the world's major cultural heritages in 1997.
Day 2 Lijiang(BL)
Full day trip to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Yak Meadow, Baishuihe, Baisha Murals and Naxi Ancient Music performance.
-Jade Dragon Snow Mountain:The mountain consists of 13 peaks. Among of them, the highest one is 18000 feet above sea level. It is a treasure of wild plants and rare animals.
-Yak Meadow(Maoniuping):Part of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, where the Yi and Zang Minority Ethnic Tribes live.
-Baishuihe: a similar spot as Baishuitai, the birthplace of Naxi Minority Ethnic Tribe and their culture-Dongba, a wonder of water and limestone.
-Baisha Murals: With the spread of the Buddhism, people painted plenty of murals on the walls in temples since Ming Dynasty.
-Black Dragon Pool and the Ancient Lijiang City.
-The Black Dragon Pool:The park holds the Black Dragon Pool and got name because of it. The pool is listed in the Collections of Famous Pools in China because of its beauty.
-Naxi Ancient Music:also features wonderful displays of folk songs. Performances nightly 2000.
Day 3 Lijiang/Tiger Leaping Gorge/Half-way Guest House(B/L/D, trekking about 6 hours)
Drive for two hours to Qiatou(means Bridge End in Chinese)(1835m). After crossing the Yangtze River, we trek for approximately six hours to the Halfway Guest house. We will first trek two hours to Naxi Family Guest house, have a good rest there. Then we will trek another 2 hours further up the steep 28-bends and reach the top of 2670m along the way. Another 1-2 hour on the way we will arrive at half-way guest house, with a great view of Yulong Snow Mountain and overlooking the Jinshaojiang River Valley. The guest house is simple but quiet and clean. Overnight in Half-way guest house.
Day 4 Half-way Guest House /Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge/Walnut Grove/Lijiang(B/L, trekking about 5 hours)
Get up in the early morning, hiking down to Tina’s Guest house passing a small but high waterfall on the way. Then we will trek further down to the Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge and back(about one and a half hour). A short drive with local transfer available will take us from Tina’s Guest House to the lower part of Gorge, get off and walk for about half an hour to the bank of the River. Then hike further along the road to the lower section of the Gorge(about 1.5-2 hours) where we will take ferry across the River. Not far from the Lower Section of gorge while at the other side of river is the village of Daju, We descent the ferry and trek about one hour to Daju(1718m), whose in habitants are mostly Nakhi. After a rest in Daju village drive back to Lijiang. The dinner tonight is not included and left free for you to taste the variety local snacks. Stay in 4 star hotel in Lijiang
Day 5 Lijiang/Kunming (B)
Take morning flight from Lijiang to Kunming and then change flight out of Kunming.
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is free of any charges.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
- Please reserve at least ONE MONTH before the departure time.
- We are ready to extend your tour in Beijing if you want. Please click Tours in Beijing for reference or contact our expert!
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is floating, we reserve the right to adjust the quote in USD according to the exchange rate on the date you pay the tour.
The tour cost includes:
- Local transportation: A private vehicle (land cruiser in the desert or other off-road area as listed in the itinerary, bus or mini-van elsewhere in the area with good road) will accompany us for the entire tour. While we are trekking, our vehicle will transfer our food and luggage to the appointed site or hostel and wait or meet us at the end of the trekking tour.
- Equipment as required: tents and mats for sleeping bags when camping, rope (if necessary), water (4 liters per person per day), 2-way radios, compass , first aid kit, GPS
- Leader: Experienced English-speaking tour leader and one or more service persons along the trip as needed.
- Entrance fees: All first-entrance tickets to the tourist spots mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4-star hotels in the big cities, twin and tri-share clean hostel in the small counties or villages, occasionally private home if indicated, and tents in the desert and at certain unique camping spots mentioned in the itinerary.
- Meals: All meals as indicated in the itinerary, with some simple picnic lunches while trekking.
- Common carrier tickets: All domestic airfares and train tickets (soft sleeper) as listed in the itinerary, if applicable
- Extra supplier truck or staff (only needed when the area we will trek to is non-residential and not accessible for any :vehicles): truck for carrying food and all supporting equipments, and cook to prepare fresh food for the group when necessary（usually for a group more than 8 persons only）, yak/camel/horse and porter for carrying luggage while trekking/camping.
- Travel agency liability insurance.
The tour cost does not include:
- Personal gear required: if camping, a sleeping bag sufficiently warm to protect against minus 20°C (-4°F) in Jan-March, against -10°C or -5°C (14°F- 23°F) in April and May, against 0-5°C (32°-41°F) in June. Also: hiking boots; It may different from the area, we will provide you the exact information when you confirm a tour. Raincoat; cap; camera; sun-cream; sun-glasses; pocket knife; day-pack, etc.
- Expenses of a personal nature: favorite snacks, soft drinks, laundry , local or long-distance calls, etc.
- Tips to tour guide and driver.
- Tourist accident insurance. NB - you are strongly suggested to buy travel and health insurance before you start out from your home country.
- Any service persons to carry personal belonging while trekking (although this can be arranged, it should be unnecessary - participants should find that trekking with a single day-pack for personal items should suffice.)
- Single supplement costs (for those who want accommodation on a single basis)
- Visa to China
- Domestic and international flights and related airport taxes not listed in the itinerary
- Supplementary trips, entrance fees and services not mentioned, and extra costs due to unforeseen circumstances
What makes our hikes different from the others ?
- Your English-speaking guide stays with you the entire trip (including the hiking).
- Our guides carry 2-way radios (and a cell phone) in case of emergencies.
- We use safe, reliable, government-licensed vehicles (e.g. mini-vans), not a dubiously-maintained family car or taxi.
- We use professional drivers, not a “friend” making some extra money.
- We save time by taking the direct routes, even if there are charges (rather than navigating back roads trying to avoid tolls).
- With us, there are NO “forced shopping” stops !
- There are NO hidden costs ! (e.g. fuel surcharge)
- We are proud of our special designed hiking tours. We want YOU to become an ambassador of China hiking tours too!
- We not only want our customers to return – we want them to tell their friends!