Mt. Muztagh Ata base camp trekking
Tour Code: HT-W-005
Hiking Distance: about 110km
Hiking Time: about 5-6 hours a day for 6 days
Good time to visit: from Apr to Oct
Departure date: on request 2016
Muztag Ata is not just a name but actually has a meaning: "Father of all Icepeaks". Sounds impressive... However the story goes that the explorer who mapped the area for the first time asked a boy, what the name of the mountain was and the boy answered, "Muztagh, ata", meaning "Icepeak, father" (father being used out of respect for the elderly stranger). Another example that a comma can make a big difference.
For more lines related to Adventure tours in China,please click here.If you could not find the one you prefer, please click Customize to tell us what you like. We will get back to you with a personalized tour as soon as possible.
Day 1 Urumqi/Kashgar
Meet and greet at the airport of Urumqi--the capital city of Xinjiang province, the flight to Karshigar is always at night, we suggest you arrive Urumqi in the morning or in the late after noon. If you arrive in Urumqi in the morning, a visit to the province museum with Loulan Beauty Mummy could be arranged in the afternoon and be transferred to the airport for the flight to Kashigar at night. If you arrive Urumqi in the late afternoon, you will change the flight to Kashigar directly. Over night in Qinibak Hotel or the similar(3 star)
Day 2 Kashigar/Karakuli Lake(BLD)
After breakfast drive 200km (5hours ) from kashgar to Karakuli Lake(3600m). At arrival, meet the camels and the camel men. Set up the tent and trekking around in the afternoon and warm up for the trekking next day, camping by the lake.
Day 3 Trekking from Karakuli Lake to Kunsiwa(BLD, 3700m)
After a good rest, we will begin to trek today. It take us about 5-6 hours along the Lake to Kunsiwa----a warm-up exercise. We only need to take the lunch and personal necessary with us, the luggage and equipment will be transferred directly to our camp site tonight by the camels and camel men. Enjoy the landscape of Kongur (7719m) -the highest peak of Kun Lun mountain, Kanyailak Grassland, the east part of Muztagh Ata Mountain.
Day 4 Trekking from Kunsiwa to Kyqikaqi(BLD, 3900m)
Trekking for 5-6 hours about 12km to Kuqikaqi -the Kyrkiz normads summer village to have a view of
the North-east side of Muztagh Ata Mountain. Camping
Day 5 Trekking from Kyqikaqi to Subash village(BLD, 3700m)
Trekking for 3 hours about 6-7km to the Subash Village ( 3700m), a place the Kyrkiz people to stay during the winter time. You will visit the Kyrkiz primary school and visit one of the Kyrkiz families and have a friendly chat with them. Camping.
Day 6 Trekking from Subash village to Qaotumak Village(BLD, 4100m)
Trekking for 8hours about 15km to Qaotumak village, after few days of trekking, we have already good acclimatized for the altitude and will get ready for Base Camp of Muztagh Ata .
Day 7 Trekking from Qaotumak village to Muztagh Ata Base Camp(4300m) and back(BLD)
After the past few days we have already get use to the high altitude and are ready for the trip to Base camp. Trekking 4-5 hours to visit the Base camp of Muztagh ata (4350m) , the first camp site for the climbing expedition 's groups. You will reach one of the beautiful Galcier -Janblak Glacier. Enjoy the great view and take photos around. Then trekking 1 hours back to Qiaotomak village. Camping.
Day 8 Qaotumak/Subash/Kashigar/Urumqi(BLD)
Trekking for 3 hours back from Qaotumak to Subash where we will meet the bus waiting for us. It is the end of our adventure trekking to the Muztagh Ata, the Father of Glaciers. Drive about 200km back to Kashgar (5 hours on the way. Have a great local feature dinner and take night flight from Kashigar back to Urumqi. Stay in a Xinjiang Grand Hotel or the similar 4 star Hotel.
Day 9 Urumqi(B)
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for the flight out of Urumqi. The end of the adventure tour.
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
|with airfare||On request||On request||On request||On request||On request|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is free of any charges.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
- Please reserve at least ONE MONTH before the departure time.
- We are ready to extend your tour in Beijing if you want. Please click Tours in Beijing for reference or contact our expert!
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is floating, we reserve the right to adjust the quote in USD according to the exchange rate on the date you pay the tour.
The tour cost includes:
- Local transportation: A private vehicle (land cruiser in the desert or other off-road area as listed in the itinerary, bus or mini-van elsewhere in the area with good road) will accompany us for the entire tour. While we are trekking, our vehicle will transfer our food and luggage to the appointed site or hostel and wait or meet us at the end of the trekking tour.
- Equipment as required: tents and mats for sleeping bags when camping, rope (if necessary), water (4 liters per person per day), 2-way radios, compass , first aid kit, GPS
- Leader: Experienced English-speaking tour leader and one or more service persons along the trip as needed.
- Entrance fees: All first-entrance tickets to the tourist spots mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4-star hotels in the big cities, twin and tri-share clean hostel in the small counties or villages, occasionally private home if indicated, and tents in the desert and at certain unique camping spots mentioned in the itinerary.
- Meals: All meals as indicated in the itinerary, with some simple picnic lunches while trekking.
- Common carrier tickets: All domestic airfares and train tickets (soft sleeper) as listed in the itinerary, if applicable
- Extra supplier truck or staff (only needed when the area we will trek to is non-residential and not accessible for any :vehicles): truck for carrying food and all supporting equipments, and cook to prepare fresh food for the group when necessary（usually for a group more than 8 persons only）, yak/camel/horse and porter for carrying luggage while trekking/camping.
- Travel agency liability insurance.
The tour cost does not include:
- Personal gear required: if camping, a sleeping bag sufficiently warm to protect against minus 20°C (-4°F) in Jan-March, against -10°C or -5°C (14°F- 23°F) in April and May, against 0-5°C (32°-41°F) in June. Also: hiking boots; It may different from the area, we will provide you the exact information when you confirm a tour. Raincoat; cap; camera; sun-cream; sun-glasses; pocket knife; day-pack, etc.
- Expenses of a personal nature: favorite snacks, soft drinks, laundry , local or long-distance calls, etc.
- Tips to tour guide and driver.
- Tourist accident insurance. NB - you are strongly suggested to buy travel and health insurance before you start out from your home country.
- Any service persons to carry personal belonging while trekking (although this can be arranged, it should be unnecessary - participants should find that trekking with a single day-pack for personal items should suffice.)
- Single supplement costs (for those who want accommodation on a single basis)
- Visa to China
- Domestic and international flights and related airport taxes not listed in the itinerary
- Supplementary trips, entrance fees and services not mentioned, and extra costs due to unforeseen circumstances
What makes our hikes different from the others ?
- Your English-speaking guide stays with you the entire trip (including the hiking).
- Our guides carry 2-way radios (and a cell phone) in case of emergencies.
- We use safe, reliable, government-licensed vehicles (e.g. mini-vans), not a dubiously-maintained family car or taxi.
- We use professional drivers, not a “friend” making some extra money.
- We save time by taking the direct routes, even if there are charges (rather than navigating back roads trying to avoid tolls).
- With us, there are NO “forced shopping” stops !
- There are NO hidden costs ! (e.g. fuel surcharge)
- We are proud of our special designed hiking tours. We want YOU to become an ambassador of China hiking tours too!
- We not only want our customers to return – we want them to tell their friends!