Yuanyang Hani Rice Terrace tour (5days)
Hani Rice Terrace, Jianshui, Luoping
Tour Code: CF-S-006
Destination: Yuanyang, Jianshui
Good time to visit: from Jan to Apr, from Sep to Dec
Yuanyang, lies in the relatively underdeveloped southeast part of Yunnan, Honghe Hani and Yi People's Autonomous Region, Yunnan, southwest of China. Because it is a relatively inaccessible part of Yunnan, the subtropical area escaped heavy development for tourism, and has so far been overlooked by the big masses.
Yuanyang is renowned for its rice terraces, sculpted by bare hands by the Hani people one thousand years ago, transforming a barren valley into a humid Eden; perfect for rice crops. The 1000m of mountain slopes of terraces is still in use today, claiming to be the world's most spectacular and extensive terraces.
It is a self sustaining ecosystem and a perfect example of a symbiosis with nature.
An optional gateway to Yuanyang, Jianshui is a little town with interesting historical architecture and relics. Once an important center of Yunnan and a required stop on the road from Kunming to Vietnam, the Dai kingdom of Xishuangbanna and the edge of the Chinese empire, Jianshui grew on the profits of its lucrative position as a center of trade. The town's extensive architectural legacy bears witness to this former glory, and charms those few visitors it does receive. Nowdays the north-south road from the capital bypasses Jianshui far to the west, and few people make the journey.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Kunming ( D)
Meet you at Kunming airport, transfer to hotel.Welcoming dinner. Overnight in Kaiwah Plaza Hotel or the similar(5star)
Day 2 Kunming/Jianshui (B/L/D)
Drive to historical & cultural city called Jianshui, 270 Km always off Kunming to south, it requires 4 hours riding, one of Mongolian village will be called on, On the way visit Tonghai xiushan park and the second largest Confucius’ temple after arrival at Jianshui.
Overnight in the Courtyard hotel in Linnan Town.
Day 3 Jianshui/Yuanyang(B/L/D)
Land on the ancient gate of Lin An that has been survived from disaster and campaigns, it is 28 years older than the Ti An Men Gate of forbidden city in Beijing, then continue to view the typical local grocery market, appreciate Zhu’s family Garden, in which contains exquisite laid out of traditional Chinese building, visit one pottery maker, who enjoy national wide reputation.
In the afternoon, drive to Yuanyang. Xinjie Town.
Overnight in the best hotel in town.
Day 4 Yuanyang(B/L/D)
The best views are at the sunrise and sunset. If not so foggy, explore the best views of terraced rice paddies on foot (slippery). we will visit a Hani village and mushroom shaped hut houses. After lunch, the whole afternoon will be dedicated to the Hani Rice Terrace - one of the largest one in the world. We will visit Laohuzui (literally Tiger’s mouth), one stunning section of the rice terrace.
Overnight in the best hotel in town.
Day 5 Yuanyang/Kunming (B/L)
Take the last view of the rice paddies before breakfast and then drive 6 hours to Kunming. On route, you will also see fully blossomed rapeseeds flowers (Feb. to March). After lunch, we arrive in Kunming in the afternoon. Hang out around the town for one to two hours before we drive to the airport. Fly out in the evening.
B=breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).