Guizhou Minority Culture tour
Guizhou Minority Culture tour
Tour Code: CF-S-003
Destination: Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng, Sanjiang, Guiyang, Kaili, Qiandongnan(southeast of Guizhou), Congjiang
Good time to visit: from Jan to May, from Oct to Dec
Departure date: on request 2016
Guizhou is one of the provinces in China has most diverse ethnic groups live in. There are plenty of them still live in the traditional buildings, eat local food, and celebrating local festivals. So here is an opportunity for you to join those happy people to sing and dance together in the rural area of Guizhou and Guangxi. Moreover, rice terrace in Longsheng is also famous for its particular shape, which demonstrate that Chinese minority are bright to figure out how to develop agriculture in ancient society. Guilin and Yangshuo are also reknown for the beautiful nature lanscape.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Guiyang
Upon arrival at Guiyang Airport we will be met by our English speaking tour guide and transferred to the 4* Guiyang Regal Hotel. In the afternoon we will visit Qianling Park, named after Mount Qianling which incorporates the soul and spirit of the Guizhou Plateau. More than 1,500 kinds of trees, flowers, plants and over 1000 kinds of rare medicinal herbs grow naturally on the mountain. Visit Hongfu Temple which was built during the early Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1911). Overnight at 4* Guiyang Regal Hotel or similar.
Day 2 Guiyang-Kaili. (200km, about 3 hours)(B/L/D)
Drive about 3 hours to Kaili. After lunch visit Qingman, a quiet village inhabited by the Folded & Silk Felt Miao, and learn about their culture. Another visit will be arranged to a Miao village to see the traditional paper making. Enjoy the nice natural view on the way. You’ll have a chance to hike on the county road. Overnight at Kaili 4* Crown Plaza Hotel or simiar.
Day 3 Kaili-Langde-Datang-Rongjiang(B/L/D)
A short drive along the Bala River will take us to the Miao village of Langde.It is a real gem of a village with traditional wooden houses and waterwheels. After this we will continue our journey to Datang, a Miao village with an aquatic granary and the Miao women's ‘Mini skirt’. After lunch, meet and visit Shui people on the way to Rongjiang. Overnight at Rongjiang Hotel or similar(no stars, best in local)
Day 4 Rongjiang-Congjiang-Zhaoxing(B/L/D)
On the way we will visit Basha, a small Miao village with very little signs of modern influence. The local people rarely venture out of the village except for selling firewood and buying for daily necessities in markets. Both the men and women can be seen in traditional costumes, wearing their hair long. 2 more hours’ drive will take us to Zhaoxing, one of the largest Dong villages in the region, with more than 700 households and a population of 4000. The Dong can be recognized by their turbans (for men), and pleated skirts (for women). They are also best-known for their architecture, particularly their drum towers, and wind and rain bridges (Feng Yuqiao), which are pavilions for sheltering people during bad weather. Enjoy the famous “ Grand Song” performance of Dong at night. Overnight at Zhaoxing Hotel or similar.
Day 5 Zhaoxing-Sanjiang (B/L/D)
This morning is left either free or hiking to one of the small villages nearby for their special celebration activities if there are. Then we will drive to Sanjiang to visit Chengyangqiao Dong village, which is made famous by one of the most beautiful wind and rain bridges (Feng Yuqiao). Overnight at Sanjiang Hotel or simiar.
Day 6 Sanjiang-Longsheng(B/L/D)
Drive about 5 hours to Longji. This afternoon and evening are left for us to hike around the Longji terraced paddy to take pictures and visit the small villages around. Overnight at Ping’an Hotel or similar.
Day 7 Longsheng-Guilin (B/L/D)
Drive about 5 hours to Guilin. Take a city tour in Guilin. Overnight at Guilin 4* Hotel
Day 8 Guilin-Yangshuo (B/L/D)
Full day Li River Cruise to Yangshuo with lunch aboard. Depart from the hotel in the morning. Be transferred to the Zhujiang Pier(about 1 hour drive)for a 4.5 hours wonderful cruise. You will enjoy the picturesque mountains, peaceful green fields ,farms and villages with water buffalos, and cows wondering around on both sides of the river bank. Disembark at the one-thousand-year-old town Yangshuo in the afternoon. Free time to explore the old town after checking into your hotel. Enjoy the Liu Sanjie Impression show at night. Stay in Junhao Hotel or similar(about 3 stars)
Day 9 Guilin(B)
Free in the morning, transfer from the hotel to Guilin airport . The end of the tour.
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).