HomeBirdingWeekend Birding trip in Yellow River Delta, Shandong
Weekend Birding trip in Yellow River Delta, Shandong
Codigo del tour: BR-E-003
Tiempo apropiado para la visita: from Jan to Mar, from Nov to Dec
Fecha de salida: on request 2016
The Yellow River Delta is situated near the City of Dongying in northwestern Shandong Province. The estuary in the Yellow River Delta Natural Reserve, which is China's largest wetland, covers an area of some 150,000 hectares. About 269 kinds of birds reside in this well-preserved natural environment. There are larks, swans, over 1400 black-mouthed gulls as well as many other precious birds at the estuary. More than ten million birds have built their homes in this region in winter. It gradually become an ideal birding place near Beijing.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day1 Friday Beijing-Dongying- Yellow River Delta Natural Reserve (by car, about 450km，D)
Drive from Beijing to Dongying in Shandong Provenience. About 6 hours on the way. Stay in a similar 3-star hotel.
Day2 Yellow River Delta Natural Reserve (B/L/D)
Whole day birding in the mouth of Yellow Riever nature reserve. Overnight in the same.
Day3 Yellow River Delta Natural Reserve-Dongying city-Beijing(BL)
Drive back to Dongying city. Visit the swan lake park, Wed land museum. After lunch, drive back to Beijing. The end of the tour.
B-breakfast, L- lunch, D- dinner
Costo de Tour: conversión actual
| ||2-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
|Tour Cost||On request||On request||On request||On request|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service,
- Meals daily as listed in the itinerary(including several picnic lunches when birding, B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner); ,
- Service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver,
- Scenic spots admission fee, Nature Reserve Protection fee and camping permit fee (inside nature reserve) if required,
- All the Foreigner's Travel Permit to Tibet and the remote area/border area if needed;
- Double-occupancy in 4 star hotel in big city, and the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean guest house/hostel/or home-stay in villages as clarified in the itinerary; camping in non-residential area as mentioned in the itinerary, camping gear like tent, sleeping mattress when required;
- All domestic flights(economy class)/trains/local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost does not include:
- Birding equipment(binoculars, bird Spotting Scopes tripod, camera, etc ), meals in your free time or on the train/plane, personal travel insurance, sleeping bag when camping, tips to tour guide and driver, international flights and related airport taxes, excess baggage charged by Airlines; The medicine for the sickness or accident while on the way, single supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, visa costs, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We reserve to right to choose the train according to the seat. We couldn’t promise the soft or hard sleeper, it could be either of them.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , or other Special Festival time).
- For less than 10-day tour, reservation should be made at least one week before departure time. For more than 10-day tour reservation should be made at least one month before departure time.
- We reserve the right to alternate the visiting order of the scenic spots. The entrance tickets to scenic spots are based present price. We reserve the right to revise the price without notice if the tickets price rise up.
- For more than 10-day birding tour, this is a tentative itinerary, the really itinerary and hotel/hostel maybe different from the itinerary. For the enjoyment of your trip a "go with the flow" attitude is necessary. Many factors will influence your trip, such as weather conditions, health, route conditions, etc. Please prepare one-two days more as "cushion" day in case of delays in travel due to unforeseen events.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going. Take out appropriate travel insurance to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to participate. Please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The part of the area we will visit has not been well developed like Beijing and Shanghai. While it is good to enjoy the well protected nature view and experience unique primitive customs, we should prepare for that even the four star hotel is not so good and the food is not so delicate and various in the small town.
Tips for birding:
- Essential Birding equipment: Bird Watching Binoculars, bird Spotting Scopes for getting a good view of distant birds, a good tripod for bird watching, etc.
- Photography: We'll spend our time trying to see birds, but the keen photographer will find plenty of opportunity to make use of the often excellent light.
- Necessary: Enough films and batteries, Sun-cream with the protection index of 40-60, sunglasses with a sun protection factor of 15, the lip creams and balms with SPF rating, towel, toothpaste, electric torch, snacks. Cloth that you bring must be warm enough and can be removed easily enough according to the temperature when birding. including Jacket, hat, Mittens or gloves, cotton underwear, Socks, Long-sleeve Shirts, T-shirts and Pants comfortable shoes, rain gear (long rain coat is better)．
Two of us enjoyed a truly wonderful tour of Guilin, Yangshuo and surrounding countryside. Many thanks to CnAdventures for providing very helpful assistance and our guide, David, who was really terrific, both accommodating and informative. The trip provided a great deal of variety as we hiked, biked and rafted through some of the most gorgeous countryside I have ever seen. An unplanned side trip to the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terrace was a most worthwhile addition to our itinerary. Another nice aspect to the trip was the opportunity to sample some excellent local food along the way--stuffed snails and sticky rice cooked in bamboo were a couple of highlights along with rice wine and osmanthus tea.