Hiking & Biking tour in Yangshuo
Hiking & Biking tour in Yangshuo
Tour Code: BK-S-007
Good time to visit: from Jan to Oct
Departure date: on request 2016
Guilin, at home and abroad, is primarily known for its enticing and unique scenery. Chinese frequently refer to it as the world's most beautiful scenery. Hiking into the countryside of Yangshuo along Li river, cycle through the rice paddies and raft on Yulong River. All of these will make you a wonderful experience of real China.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY
Day 1 Guilin (D)
Upon Arriving at Guilin, be met and transferred to your hotel with private vehicle & tour guide.
overnight in 4 star or econ.hotel in Guilin
Day2 Guilin/Guanyan .(B/L/D)
Depart from your hotel early in the morning.Be transferred to the old town- Daxu. Start your amazing hiking tour by walking along the old street at Daxu town, visiting traditional workshops.Then walking along the Li River for about 5 kilometers to visit the Crown Cave, the biggest cave around Guilin.
overnight at the Misty Resort Hostel
Day3 Guanyan/Yangshuo (B/L)
After breakfast,take a fery boat across the river to the Yangdi town & start walking along the winding countryroads among the picturesque mountains,enjoy peaceful green fields ,farms and villages with water buffalos,cows working or wondering around on both sides of the river bank. Take the local fery boats across the Li River when necessary. Have a a picnic lunch in the green fields or a special local lunch at a farmer's house. Your hiking ends at 1200-year-old town-Xingping town. Have a short exploration to the old town. transfer back to Yangshuo.
Overnight in hotel in Yangshuo
Day4 Yangshuo/Guilin (B/L/D)
After breakfast at hotel, you will bike onto the country roads, lanes and tracks through the paddy field and orchards that surround the famous mountains. Then relax yourself on the narrow bamboo rafts. The 1-1.5 hours’ rafting on Yulong river will give a fascinating insight into life in rural China. Transfer to Guilin.
Overnight in 4 star or econ. hotel in Guilin
Day5 Guilin (B)
Free at leisure until to be transferred to the airport.(B)
“B” for Breakfast. “L” for Lunch. “D” for dinner
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
|4 Star Hotel||CNY5130/P|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Meals daily as listed in the itinerary, picnic lunches in remote area if required(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner);
- Service of English-speaking guide
- Scenic spots admission fee; Nature Reserve Protection fee and/ or camping permit fee (inside nature reserve) if required
- Accommodation: double-occupancy in 4 star hotel in big city, and the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean guest house/hostel/or home-stay in villages as clarified in the itinerary; camping in non-residential area as mentioned in the itinerary(tent and mattress),
- One bike for each and supportive vehicles as required(For tours in the mountainous area like Yunnan, Qinghai, Tibet, etc. we strongly suggest the participant bring your own mountainous bike with you.)
- All domestic flights/trains/local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary;
The tour cost does not include:
- Personal travel accident insurance.
- The fee of rescuing for any accident, including but not limited:
a. Asking the help from the international SOS;
b. Transfer service and amending fee, if the bike is seriously damaged.
c. While repairing the bike, the rental fee must be paid.
d. Any others.
- The medicine for the sickness or accident while on the way.
- Transfer, guide, entrance tickets, and meals in your free time,
- Sleeping bag if camping.
- photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites.
- Chinese visa fees; Excess baggage charged by Airlines; Single room supplement; Tips to guides and drivers;
- Domestic or/and international flights and related airport taxes not listed,
- The extra cost due to the unforeseen events or weather; supplementary trips and services not mentioned, and personal expenses and the items don’t listed in the “The tour cost includes” column.
- Once you confirm the trip, the quotation in RMB is fixed (subject to the items above). However, as exchange rates may continue to fluctuate, we reserve the right to modify the price quoted in USD to match the original RMB quotation, when you pay.
- Reservation should be made at least ONE MONTH before departure time.
- The train and flight schedules are presented according to time-tables available at time of publication; they are subject to change according to any new schedule, and we reserve the right to choose alternate flights.
- Prices may be somewhat higher if tour dates fall on public holidays (including, but not limited to, Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).
- The quotation is based on the present domestic air fare and discounts available; we reserve the right to modify the price according to the airline’s policy.
- If you prefer to have a single room, you are expected to pay the single supplement.
- This is a tentative itinerary, the really itinerary and hotel/hostel maybe different from the itinerary. For the enjoyment of your trip a "go with the flow" attitude is necessary. Many factors will influence your trip, such as weather conditions, health, route conditions, etc. Please prepare two days more as "cushion" day in case of delays in travel due to unforeseen events.
- The part of the area we will visit has not been well developed like Beijing and Shanghai. While it is good to enjoy the well protected nature view and experience unique primitive folk customs, we should prepare for that even the star hotel is not so good and though we will try our best, the food may not be so delicate and various.
- Very important: When you are planning to do mountain biking, you acknowledge that there are risks involved in this sport and confirm that you are fully aware of and accept these risks. You may or may not be required to sign a separate acknowledgement and acceptance of personal liability by the local supplier before being allowed to do cycling. And if you are not allowed to participate because you refuse to sign, you will have no claim against CSH or the supplier and will not be entitled to any refund or compensation.
- The participants we are looking for: HEALTHY!!! able to cycle for over 6 hours a day; prepared to cross high altitude passes and over difficult terrain in remote areas; experienced in mountainous area riding (with many bends, turns, and possibly switchbacks); excellent physical condition required with a positive attitude and a strong determination; previous hiking experience preferred. Please keep in mind that this is a general guide only. A variety of factors, including weather, may add to the challenge.
- This is a tentative itinerary, the final itinerary and hotel/hostel may vary considerably from the itinerary. For the enjoyment of your trip, a "go with the flow" attitude is necessary. Many factors will influence the trip, such as weather conditions, health, route conditions, etc. Please allow one extra days as "cushion" days in case of delays in travel due to unforeseen events.
- Regardless of your previous high-altitude experience, it is crucial that you be self-confident, superbly fit, committed, and determined at the outset of the expedition and possess the necessary stamina and experience to be a contributing player in the excursion.
- Biking Gear suggested: Wind/waterproof coat, Hip pad, kneepad, gorro, helmet, Headlight, towel, sun block, glove, shoes for cycling etc
- While you will most-certainly enjoy the fantastic views offered with this exciting biking adventure, there will also be unexpected encounters with other vehicular traffic, especially big trucks making wide turns, so you should ride very carefully in these places.
- Many tourists have an uncomfortable feeling in the high-plateau areas, generally headaches and being out-of-breath; don’t be worried about it and you will adapt to the altitude in 2-3 days.
- To counter altitude-sickness in the high plateaus, be sure to take extra rest and try to avoid arriving with a cold. Although extra oxygen will be available for those who need to stop and take an extra breath or so, any quantity brought along will be limited, and cyclists cannot be dependent on its availability
- Please be respectful of local customs and religion while you are in any area of a minority people; pay attention to any instructions given by the local guide and cooperate with him/her.
- Please be aware not to expect/order the meat of dog, horse, mule, pig, or donkey, all of which are forbidden in Tibetan areas; eating the meat of any animal slaughtered without proper religious supervision is also forbidden
- It’s not allowed to watch the Tibetan sky burial without their permission
- To be polite, it is expected that you finish any beverage served to you in a cup, upon being greeted by a Tibetan; if you cannot finish the drink, please politely beg their pardon.
- When greeted by a Tibetan who puts a silk scarf around your neck as a present, leave it on – do not immediately take it off.
- There are some special taboos in Muslim area, such as exposed skin, head coverings, and proper conduct in mosques – listen to the guide
- It’s prohibited to drink or to smoke in any Tibetan Monastery
- Check with the guide regarding taking photographs; it’s forbidden to take any photos in a monastery without permission, although you may be allowed to “buy” permission. Always ask permission before taking a photo of monks or women, regardless of where they are.
Really enjoy the trip!
Really good English guide.
Hiking was quite tough though.