4WD Adventure Tour for the Wildlife in Non-Human Region in North Tibet
Lhasa, Naqu, Twin lake, Namtso Lake, Yangbajin Well
Tour Code: 4WD-W-008
Destination: Lhasa, Naqu
Good time to visit: Jun, Sep
Departure date: on request 2016
There are 2,307 species of insect, 64 species of fish, 488 species of bird, and 242 species of mammalians living in Tibet. Tibet has 40% birds species of China, 69 species of Tibet birds belong to rare species. Tibet has 39% mammalians species of China, 52 species of Tibet mammalians belong to rare species. North Tibet is called "The Roof of the World's Roof", with an elevation over 4,500 m ( 14.763 ft). There are regions have no human residents, but became the natural reserve of wildlife. Hundreds thousands Wild Tibet Yak, Wild Tibet Kiangs and Wild Tibet Antelope etc unique Tibet animals running happily on the highest plateau on the earth, enjoying their freedom. This region is the best place to study the perfectly preserved high plateau wildlife ecosystem, the rare animals physiology, biology etc. North Tibet has numerous saint lakes & mountains, grasslands and desert, historical mysterious attractions. Its annual rain is only 100 - 200 mm, low oxygen, dry, windy, and cold, how could these animals adapted to such crude environment? When you come here, you will find the answer.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Arrive Lhasa
Arrive in Lhasa, the capital of Tibet, meet at airport and transfer to 3-star hotel.
Day 2 Lhasa (BL)
Today you will visit the grand Potala Palace. Built in the 7th century, 13 stories high with a total height of 117 meters, it is an architectural wonder made of wood and stone. Its 1,000 rooms and halls, with numerous gilded pinnacles gleaming in the sunshine, feature nearly 200,000 Buddhist statues and other valuable relics. After lunch, visit the Jokhang Temple and its encircling Barkhor Street, filled with rich and colorful ethnic crafts. Stay in the same.
Day 3 Lhasa(BL)
Pay a visit to the Norbulingka Treasure Garden. Once the summer palace of the Dalai Lamas, this famous park is composed of resplendent palaces, beautiful gardens, and lush forests home to rare animals. Other highlight of today is the visit to Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery. Drepung Monastery has an enormous hall with thousands of silk-bound scriptures covering 1,800-sqm(5,906-sqft) of wall space. Here we will witness thousands of lamas chanting en masse, with their passionate voices reverberating through the ancient halls as the flames of yak butter candles flicker under their breaths.Sera Monastery, one of the three main temples of Gelukpa Sect, is located at the foot of Mt. Purbuchok. Each afternoon, the monastery's 300-strong lamas hold a debate session in the garden, at times engaged in a heated discussion over spiritual questions. Stay in the same.
Day 4 Lhasa-Naqu(BLD)
Drive 370 km from Lhasa to Naqu, en route viewing wildlife. Stay in a 2 star hotel.
Day 5 Naqu-Bange(BLD)
Drive 358 km from Naqu to Bange, en route viewing wildlife. Stay in Local guest house.
Day 6 Bange-Balin(BLD)
Drive 95 km from Bange to Balin, en route viewing wildlife. Camping
Day 7 Balin-Twin Lake(BLD)
Drive 190 km from Balin to Twin Lake, en route viewing wildlife. Camping
Day 8 Twin Lake-Biluo(BLD)
Drive 180 km from Twin Lake to Biluo, en route viewing wildlife. Camping.
Day 9 Biluo-Wenbu(BLD)
Drive 220 km from Biluo to Wenbu, en route viewing wildlife. Camping.
Day 10 Wenbu-Daoban (BLD)
Drive 160 km from Wenbu to Daoban, en route viewing wildlife. Stay in a local guesthouse.
Day 11 Daoban-Bange(BLD)
Drive 280 km from Daoban to Bange, en route viewing wildlife. Stay in a local guesthouse.
Day 12 Bange-Namtso Lake (BLD)
Drive 125 km from Bange to Namtso Lake which is the highest lake in the world (4700 m) and is the 2nd largest salt lake in China, covers an area of more than 2000 sq. km, with towering snow peaks (7162 m) reflected in the clear blue water. There are 3 islands in the lake. Rich of fishes and ducks. Stay in a lakeside guesthouse.
Day 13 Namtso Lake-Yangbajin Well (BLD)
Drive 80 km from Namtso Lake to Yangbajin Well, which is the largest earth thermal power station in Tibet, enjoy a outdoor hot spring bath. Stay in a local guesthouse.
Day 14 Yangbajin Well-Lhasa(BLD)
Drive 88 km from Yangbajin to Lhasa. Check in Lhasa Hotel and the rest of the day is left free for a good rest. Stay in 3-star hotel.
Day 15 Lhasa(B)
Transfer to the airport for the flight back home.
B - breakfast, L -lunch, D- dinner.
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Good tourist van or 4WD vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary;
- Meals daily as listed in the itinerary, picnic lunches in remote area if required(B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner);
- Service of English guide and experienced driver;
- Scenic spots admission fee; Nature Reserve Protection fee and/ or camping permit fee (inside nature reserve) if required
- Accommodation: double-occupancy in 4 star hotel in big city, and the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean guest house/hostel/or home-stay in villages as clarified in the itinerary; camping in non-residential area as mentioned in the itinerary, camping gear like tent, sleeping mat, and cooking equipment when required;
- All the Foreigner's Travel Permit to Tibet and the remote area/border area if needed;
- A truck for carrying food and all supporting equipments when necessary.(Normally it is for a group over 6 person driving for more than 5 days into non-residential area,)
- Camel/yak/porter to carry your luggage if trekking and camping for more than 2 days in the desert or non-residential area when required in the itinerary; for a group more than 6 persons we will provide outdoor cooking equipment and a cook to prepare meals;
- All domestic flights/trains/local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary;
The tour cost does not include:
- Meals in your free time or on the train/plane, Personal travel insurance, sleeping bag when camping, tips to tour guide and driver, international flights and related airport taxes, excess baggage charged by Airlines; The medicine for the sickness or accident while on the way, single supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, visa costs, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).
- We reserve the right to alternate the visiting order of the scenic spots. The entrance tickets to scenic spots are based present price. We reserve the right to revise the price without notice if the tickets price rise up.
- The really itinerary and hotel/hostel maybe different from the itinerary. For the enjoyment of your trip a "go with the flow" attitude is necessary. Many factors will influence your trip, such as weather conditions, health, route conditions, etc. Please prepare one-two days more as "cushion" day in case of delays in travel due to unforeseen events.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going. Take out appropriate travel insurance to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to participate. Please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The part of the area we will visit has not been well developed like Beijing and Shanghai. While it is good to enjoy the well protected nature view and experience unique primitive customs, we should prepare for that even the four star hotel is not so good and the food is not so delicate and various in the small town.