4WD Adventure into Inner Mongolia
Hulun Lake, Baodong Mount, Uershun riverside, Aershan Forest Resort,
Tour Code: 4WD-N-002
Destination: Manzhouli, Ar'shan, Hailaer
Good time to visit: from Jul to Sep
Departure date: on request 2016
During the adventure, we drive 4wd jeep all the way into the endless grassland or you could even drive part of the way yourself into the wilderness of northern Inner Mongolia pasture.There are steppe valleys, meadows along the Hulunber River, larch forests with patches of birch. Wildlife such as wolf, camel, lynx, brown bear, red deer, gazelle, moose, kinds of migrants, wild boar are certainly present but hard to see during the summer. Other high light of the tour is to experience the Mongolia's traditional custom while traveling into the endless grassland.
Horseback-riding leisure tour to the Hulunbeier grassland(5day)
Horseback-riding Adventure fr. forest to grassland(5day)
Inner Mongolia Leisure Tour
Inner Mongolia Grassland and Desert Tour/pax
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Beijing-Manzhouli-Hulun Lake(by air, 4wd)
Take morning flight to Manzhouli. At arrival, meet and visit the Folk Museum to know something of the local tradition and custom. Drive to Hulun Lake, the fifth fresh water lake in China, covers an area of 2339square kilometer. The crystal water under the blue sky with thousands migrant around and the clean lakeshore make the Lake a ideal place to swim, enjoy sun-shower and taste the fresh fish feast from the Lake. Don't forget take your swimming cloth with you. Stay in the Hotel with hot-shower on the lakeshore.
Day 2 Hulun Lake-Baodong Mount-Uershun riverside(by 4wd jeep)
After breakfast, drive into the endless grassland, we will passby some the nomadic families on the way. We will visit one of the family on the way to see the real nomadic life. Drive across the wild grassland to the holy Mount of the local people---Baodong Mount., then sacrifase to Aobao----one of the worship ceremony more then thousand year old. Riding further on, Fishing at arrival. Camping at the lake side of Uershun.
Day 3 Uershun Lake-Ganzhuer Temple-Aershan Town(by 4wd jeep)
After breakfast, drive across the Uershun Bridge to Ganzhuer Temple. Ganzhuer Temple is one of the most famors Lama Temple in China. The rest tour we will drive not only across the grassland but into the endless forest until we arrive at the moutainous town. Stay in a similar 3-star hotel.
Day 4 Aershan Forest Resort
After breakfast, Drive to Arershan Forest Resort. Breath the fresh air on the mountain dotted by a lot of flower, trek part of the road to the Heavenly Mountain. Stay in the same.
Day 5 Arershan Forest Resort-Kinsom Han--Hailaer-Beijing(by 4wd jeep, by air)
Drive back to Harilaer. It is the last day of the trip to enjoy the beauty of Grand Grassland. This afternoon, you will go to Kingsom Han. You could do horse-riding here. Take flight back to Beijing. The end of the adventure.
B-breakfast L-lunch D-dinner
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Good tourist van or 4WD vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary;
- Meals daily as listed in the itinerary, picnic lunches in remote area if required(B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner);
- Service of English guide and experienced driver;
- Scenic spots admission fee; Nature Reserve Protection fee and/ or camping permit fee (inside nature reserve) if required
- Accommodation: double-occupancy in 4 star hotel in big city, and the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean guest house/hostel/or home-stay in villages as clarified in the itinerary; camping in non-residential area as mentioned in the itinerary, camping gear like tent, sleeping mat, and cooking equipment when required;
- All the Foreigner's Travel Permit to Tibet and the remote area/border area if needed;
- A truck for carrying food and all supporting equipments when necessary.(Normally it is for a group over 6 person driving for more than 5 days into non-residential area,)
- Camel/yak/porter to carry your luggage if trekking and camping for more than 2 days in the desert or non-residential area when required in the itinerary; for a group more than 6 persons we will provide outdoor cooking equipment and a cook to prepare meals;
- All domestic flights/trains/local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary;
The tour cost does not include:
- Meals in your free time or on the train/plane, Personal travel insurance, sleeping bag when camping, tips to tour guide and driver, international flights and related airport taxes, excess baggage charged by Airlines; The medicine for the sickness or accident while on the way, single supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, visa costs, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).
- We reserve the right to alternate the visiting order of the scenic spots. The entrance tickets to scenic spots are based present price. We reserve the right to revise the price without notice if the tickets price rise up.
- The really itinerary and hotel/hostel maybe different from the itinerary. For the enjoyment of your trip a "go with the flow" attitude is necessary. Many factors will influence your trip, such as weather conditions, health, route conditions, etc. Please prepare one-two days more as "cushion" day in case of delays in travel due to unforeseen events.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going. Take out appropriate travel insurance to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to participate. Please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The part of the area we will visit has not been well developed like Beijing and Shanghai. While it is good to enjoy the well protected nature view and experience unique primitive customs, we should prepare for that even the four star hotel is not so good and the food is not so delicate and various in the small town.
We had a fantastic trip! Our guide, Tenzin Tashi, was great. He was very fun, knowledgeable, and passionate about his job. Our driver, Wangal did a good job getting us safely to all places. We were very lucky to see Mt. Everest on a very clear day - no clouds to block the view. We have many beautiful pictures. We met Lili in Chongqing with no problem - she was very helpful. I will send another email about the Great Wall Hike we want to take starting Nov 7th. I think this one will be easier to organize, I hope. Thank you for your help.
Wendy and Hal Evans